The Daily Gambling Fix 3/26/09 – Eva Longoria
Top 10 Athletes Who Are Deadbeat Dads
Total Pro Sports – In honor of the recent Chris Bosh accusation made by his former girlfriend Allison Mathis that he is a deadbeat dad. We have compiled a list of who we think are the Top 10 Athletes Who Are Deadbeat Dads.
Deadbeat parent - Is a pejorative term referring to parents of either gender that have freely chosen not to be a financially supportive parent in their children’s lives. Primarily used in the US and Canada, the gender-specific deadbeat dad and deadbeat mom are commonly used by the child support agency to refer to men and women who have fathered or mothered a child and willingly fail to pay child support ordered by a family law court or statutory agency such as the Child Support Agency. [Wikipedia]
Yes, a deadbeat dad is obviously someone who tries to avoid paying for child support. But in our opinion not paying for child support and fathering many children with multiple women is not only contrary to the values and morals set out by our society, it also ethically inappropriate for public figures who influence the vulnerable minds of their young and old fans. Can this be considered a deadbeat dad? We will leave this up to you to decide and to the conscious of each of these individuals that we hold with highest esteem.
10. Chris Bosh - We don’t know just yet if he the prototypical deadbeat dad, but he is being accused by his former live in girlfriend Allison Mathis. We hope Chris can pull through this because he is a great guy and probably means no harm.
9. Willis McGahee – Everyone probably remembers McGahee most for his gruesome knee injury during the Fiesta Bowl. But Willis McGahee makes our list for having 3 children with 3 different women in a short amount of time. Reportedly 2 of the children are with 2 different school teachers and one of whom was married at the time.
8. Glen Anderson - Who would have thought an NHL’er would have been on the list? Glen Anderson is most famous for winning 5 Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers and another with the New York Rangers. He represented Canada at the 1980 Olympic Games and represented Canada twice at the World Championships and the Canada Cup. Back in July of 2002 Glen Anderson faced jail time because he failed to pay his monthly child support totaling the amount of $112,000 owing to his then 12 year old son.
7. Mike Tyson - What would a top 10 list be with out Mike Tyson. Tyson has four children from three different mothers. Even if Tyson does support his children you have to feel sorry for the kids who call Iron Mike their father.
6. Karl Malone – Most will remember Karl Malone for his illustrious basketball career with the Utah Jazz. But did you know that NFL tackle, Demetrius Bell is an offspring of Karl Malone. Karl has never had any contact with Demetrius who’s mother had him at the age of 13 years old when Malone was a sophomore at Louisiana Tech. When Bell was 18, Malone delivered a harsh message that, according to several reports, amounted to, “It’s too late for me to be your father, and you’ll earn your money on your own.”
5. Evander Holyfield – Professional Boxer Evander “The Real Deal” Holyfield had a career that most people could only dream of with 42 wins, 10 losses and 2 draws. Holyfield is reported to have at least 11 children, with numerous women. Not bad for a guy who was at one time a born again Christian.
4. Kenny Anderson – Is most remembered for holding out after he was traded to the Toronto Raptors. Back in August of 2006 the New York Post claimed that the former NBA All-Star is a deadbeat dad. He stiffed at least five of his seven children since leaving the NBA, three women with whom he has kids confirmed. Tami Roman his first wife says he owes the children about $100,000.
3. Ricky Jackson – Nobody probably remembers 6 time Pro Bowler Ricky Jackson. Ricky played with the New Orleans Saints for 12 years and was honored in the New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame. Ricky makes our list for top deadbeat dads because he has an outstanding child support bill of $130,000 and is “one of the ten most wanted deadbeats in Louisiana”.
2. Shawn Kemp – Shawn Kemp wins the runner up award, he played in the NBA for 14 seasons with the Seattle Sonics, Cleveland Cavaliers, Portland Trailblazers and the Orlando Magic. But Shawn will be remembered most for his sleeping around. Shawn had 7 children with 6 different women and it has been rumored that there were far more. Kemp also had his confrontations with the law back, in April of 2005 he Kemp was arrested in Shoreline, Washington he was found with cocaine, about 60 grams of marijuana and a semiautomatic pistol.
1. Travis Henry - I remember the days when Travis Henry was putting up huge numbers for my fantasy football team. Now, he has fathered a football team of his own, having eleven children with ten different women. Say what you will about Henry, but at least he is consistent. Those stats make him the undisputed king of Athletic deadbeat dads.