2009 NFL Mock Draft: 7.0
Fan Gives A Little Hand With Jorge Posada’s Home Run Ball
Going into the bottom of the 7th, it looked as if the Yankees were again going to lose to the Indians. But catcher Jorge Posada stepped up to the plate as a pinch hitter and hit a 2 run home run that eventually would be the winner.
“After an 8 1/2-minute delay, crew chief Jerry Crawford confirmed the original call on Posada’s pinch-hit two-run homer, and New York went on to spoil former teammate Carl Pavano’s return with a 7-3 win over the Cleveland Indians on Sunday.”
Posada’s game winning home run set a couple records at the new Yankee Stadium,
- Posada’s shot was the 20th hit at Yankee Stadium this season, setting the record for most homers in a ballpark’s first four games. Great American Ball Park saw 18 in 2003.
- It was the first video replay used this season, as the Yankees won their fourth game of their past six.
The only problem is that after looking at the replay of the home run, we have concluded that the home run hit by Jorge Posada was an error. The correct call should have been, no home run because of fan interference and the umpires call should have been overturn.
Even with the new MLB instant replay rules, the umps still find ways to make the wrong calls.
Latest posts by Author, Editor (see all)
- Rougned Odor Clocks Jose Bautista With a Hard Right During Jays-Rangers Brawl (Videos) - May 15, 2016
- 15 Greatest Draft Steals in Sports History (Video) - March 18, 2016
- The 15 Biggest Goons in Sports History (Video) - March 18, 2016