The NBA Draft, Where Fashion Statements Happen
Total Pro Sports – Tonight is draft night, and while there is not much guessing as to who will go first overall, there are plenty of other questions that linger just hours before the picking begins. Firstly, there are picks 2-60, which no one can seem to agree on. There are also several different trade possibilities that remain, even after Wednesday night’s blockbuster saw Shaq go to the Cavs. These both are important questions, but the one that remains on everyone’s mind is “who will make the 2009 NBA Draft’s biggest fashion statement?”
It is no longer a question of “if anyone will steal the spotlight with their suit,” but rather “who will do so?” There is no better way to make a team ask themselves “did we make the right decision” than by walking towards the podium with something that will have people wondering whether you rented your tux from a Walt Disney character. It is anyone’s guess who will dress to impress for tonight’s event, but I’m putting my money on Stephen Curry’s attire to have the most people talking when it’s all said and done.
Need some help refreshing your memory of the past fashion faux pas to grace the NBA Draft with their presence? Here is our top 5 of all time:
5. Jalen Rose – Red Suit with white pinstripes should be enough to get you on anyone’s top 5 list.
4. Drew Gooden – The Grizzlies must have wondered if they had made a mistake and accidentley drafted the Tin Man.
3. Samaki Walker – I’m not sure which was a worse decision. The one made by the Mavs to draft Walker, or the big man’s decision to wear that suit. Kind of reminds me of Rick Pitino.
2. Joakim Noah – I am still trying to figure out whether it is funny because of the suit, or just because of the way Noah looks. Either way, it makes this list easily.
1. Chuck Person – There is two guys in that picture, but we don’t need to tell you which is Chuck. Number one with ease!