5 Worst Helmets: A Tribute To The Ugly Bucket On David Wright’s Head
Total Pro Sports – In case your were watching television last night or talking on the phone and lost connection for a moment, don’t be worried. It was likely the result of David Wright‘s new batting helmet interfering with your signal.
That may happen a few more times over the next couple of weeks as the Mets’ third baseman has been forced to wear that monstrous piece of head gear for the next little while as he deals with post-concussion syndrome. And to make things even worse (or better if you enjoy a good laugh and the expense of others), these over-sized buckets will become mandatory in the minors next year.
What ever happened to the good old protection-free days of Craig MacTavish.
In honor of Wright’s gigantic head-piece, we are looking at five other hidious helmets that have graced this planet:
5. The Cooper XL7 : This hockey helmet looks like it has been made with reinforced concrete. Maybe Wright should be wearing this instead.
4. Petr Cech’s Helmet : Seems like your average rugby scrum cap, but when a soccer goalie wears it we can’t help but noticed its added ugliness.
3. Toshiba Bubble Helmet : This one may have nothing to do with sports, but it was too ugly to leave off. I’m guessing that some kids had severe neck problems after playing too many video games with it on.
2. Jofa Bubble : You might remember Jaromir Jagr cruising around the ice in this piece of junk. Not even it could tame his mullet though.
1. Joakim Noah : He is just so ugly that whatever is coming out of that neck must be number one on any list of ugliness. I’m still trying to figure out how he got this chick.