Maurice Jones-Drew Is Busting Out (GIF)
5 Great Quotes From James Harrison’s Interview With Men’s Journal
The NFL players may be locked out at the moment, but James Harrison’s big fat mouth appears to be in mid-season form. The Steelers linebacker went off during an interview with Men’s Journal, calling NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell a “faggot,” “punk,” and “dictator,” among other things. He also took the time to criticize others, including his own quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger; Steelers running back, Rashard Mendenhall; members of the New England Patriots, both past and present; Clay Matthews; Brian Cushing; and a few other members of the NFL’s front office.
Although Harrison has since claimed that his comments were taken out of context, it is hard to believe that he didn’t mean every word he said. After all, it is hard to take a comment like, “If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it” out of context.
Either way, the most controversial player on the field now appears to be the most controversial player off of it as well. You can find the full interview in the August issue of Men’s Journal, which is set to hit newsstands this Friday. In the meantime, here are five great quotes from the article, which will definitely leave you wanting more.
5. “My rep is James Harrison, mean son of a bitch who loves hitting the hell out of people.”
4. On NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: “If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”
3. “I should have another ring. We were the best team in football in 2004, but the Patriots, who we beat during the regular season, stole our signals and picked up 90 percent of our blitzes [in the AFC title game].”
2. On Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger: “Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”
1. On Texans linebacker Brian Cushing: “That boy is juiced out of his mind.”
Hat Tip – [Men’s Journal]