Picture Of The Day: Philadelphia’s Teams Are Taking The Plunge
Tigers Fan Takes Josh Hamilton’s Bat Off His Head (Video)
The Texas Rangers simply couldn’t get a grip on things last night, both figuratively and literally. Not only were they unable to cash in on several opportunities to score runs and take a stranglehold on their ALCS series against the Detroit Tigers, but Rangers’ slugger Josh Hamilton was unable to take a stranglehold of his own bat in the top of the sixth inning, resulting in his bat flying into the first row above the Rangers’ dugout.
Two interesting things that came from Hamilton’s accidental bat-toss into the crowd that we should point out:
1. Hamilton is a great guy and he clearly didn’t intend to hurt anyone, but doesn’t is seem like he is becoming quite the hazard in Major League ballparks this season?
2. You have to love the acting job by the dude in the white shirt in the front row. The replay beginning at the 29 second mark shows that the bat clearly missed him, hitting the lady behind him before landing on his shoulder. But as any ballpark veteran knows, the souvenir bat always goes to the person who was injured most by it, and this pathetic excuse for a man did a great job selling himself as the greatest sufferer in this case.
Here is a look at the incident.
Hat Tip – [MLB.com]
Latest posts by JamieD (see all)
- This Soccer Dive Is Just The Worst (Video) - February 11, 2016
- Former Coach Jim Fassel Says Carolina Lost SB 50 Because of Cam Newton’s Gold Shoes (Audio) - February 11, 2016
- Magic Johnson Tried to Convince Peyton Manning to Join the Rams on Fallon Last Night (Video) - February 11, 2016