NFL Commish Roger Goodell Held a Twitter Q&A Yesterday, and It Was Awesome
Oh, No…NFL Draftees Will Get To Pick Their Own Walk-Up Music
In a continued effort to make the NFL draft a spectacle capable of matching the hype behind it (impossible, btw), the powers that be, possibly while drunk, have allowed the draftees to pick their own walk-up music after they’re drafted.
Rich Eisen, a fairly reliable source on all things NFL, tweeted the news earlier today:
For the first time ever, draftees have chosen the music that plays over speakers as they walk to the stage in Radio City Music Hall.
— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) May 7, 2014
Will this make the broadcast of the draft interesting? Probably not. Unless the draftees pick the following songs, which I have spent upwards of thirty seconds brainstorming:
- Nelly “Ride Wit Me” (“Must be the money”)
- Etta James “At Last” (The Brady Quinn Theme)
- Pearl Jam “Better Man” (For the last pick of the draft)
- An original song that’s clearly about a one-night stand with Roger Goodell
- The Pixies “Where Is My Mind?” (For the draftee with the lowest Wonderlich score)
- Cee-Lo “Fuck You” (For Johnny Manziel)
- Queens of the Stone Age “Smooth Sailing” (This one’s just an awesome song)
Me? I’d just step out to some Yanni so everyone could adjust their expectations accordingly.
Underpromise and overdeliver.