Conor McGregor Lives Up to Reputation as World Champion Trash Talker at UFC 197 Press Conference (Video)
Where Conor McGregor ranks among the best MMA fighters in the world has yet to be fully determined. But where he ranks among the best trash talkers in sports is pretty clear.
On Wednesday, McGregor made an appearance at the big UFC 197 press conference. Rafael Dos Anjos, McGregror’s next opponent, was there too, as were women’s champ Holly Holm and her challenger, Miesha Tate. But as usual, McGregor made sure the entire press conference was about him, dishing out insult after insult to poor, non-native English speaker Dos Anjos.
If you’ve got a few minutes you can watch some of the press conference below. If you’re in a hurry, here’s a rundown of McGregor’s best lines:
- “I will behead Rafael dos Anjos. I will drag his head through the streets of Rio de Janeiro. Through a parade of people, I’d imagine. It will become a national holiday.”
- “This man across from me has a title. He has nothing else but that. He is a free-TV fighter.”
- “I put him in that seat. I tell him what to do… You’re here because I put you here.”
- “I believe I will dust Rafael inside one minute. He is a slower, sloppier version of Aldo. He’s like a bum version of Aldo.”
- “I can only imagine the state Rafael is in coming back-to-back [weight] cuts…. Just looking at him, he’s aged 25 years in the last two weeks.”
- “You stay quiet while I speak. I’m the king.”
- “Me and Jesus are cool. I’m cool with all the gods. Gods recognize gods.”
- “2015 was my year. 2016 is also my year. Every year is my [expletive] year.”
- “I am out on my own. I am in a league of my own. The game… the game is on its knees. The game must hold seminars every weekend to pay for the training costs, and I’m out here rallying around California in a car that spits fire, dressed like El Chapo, with anacondas on my feet.”
Damn that’s good. Somebody please make sure that, when I die, “rallying around California in a car that spits fire, dressed like El Chapo, with anacondas on his feet” is in my obituary.
UFC 197 should be pretty damn good.
Hat Tip – [FTW]