Johnny Manziel Hit Ex-Girlfriend Colleen Crowley So Hard He Ruptured Her Eardrum

johnny manziel's girlfriend colleen crowley domestic violence

When news emerged about the altercation between Johnny Manziel and his ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley on January 29, Manziel’s agent dropped him and his own father said the kid wouldn’t live to see his 24th birthday if he didn’t get help. However, the Dallas police somehow came to the conclusion that no charges were warranted.

When you read the new details of the assault contained in Colleen Crowley’s application for a protective order—specifically the part about how Manziel hit Crowley so hard on her left ear that he ruptured her eardrum—you’ll wonder how the police ever arrived at that conclusion.

In the application, Crowley says that, after a night out in Dallas, she and Manziel returned to his hotel room.

Here are her exact words explaining what happened from that point on:

We started having a discussion about things I had heard earlier in the week about him being with a girl who had caused us problems in the past. I told Respondent that if I was going to spend the night, it would be on the couch. It was then that Respondent threw me on the bed. He claimed it was “playfully,” but it frightened me and I took it seriously. I decided I wanted leave the hotel but when I got to his room door and tried to open it, he restrained me from leaving and I tried to fight him off. I became very scared that he was going to hurt me.

Still being restrained, Respondent led me down the back stairway to the valet, presumably to take me to my car parked now at Concrete Cowboy. Although I did not want him to take me to my car, he would not take “no” for an answer. When we got to the valet, I was crying and begged the valet, “Please don’t let him take me. I’m scared for my life!” The valet replied, “I don’t know what to do” and proceeded to let Respondent literally throw me in the front passenger seat of his car and he went around and got in the driver’s seat.

On McKinney Street, in front of Concrete Cowboy, we both got into my car, against my will, with me in the passenger seat. As Respondent was backing out of the parking spot, I jumped out of the car and ran across the street and hid behind some bushes. He flipped a U-turn and pulled right in to where I was hiding. He grabbed me by my hair and threw me back into the car and got back in himself. He hit me with his open hand on my left ear for jumping out of the car. I realized immediately that I could not hear out of that ear, and I still cannot today, two days later. Fearful for my life, I hit Respondent several times, hoping I could back out of the car. Respondent threw me off of him and I hit my head on the car window and I fell into the passenger floorboard. Still fearful for my life, I stayed in the floorboard motionless until Respondent pulled me back onto the seat. He was telling me to “Stop!” and wouldn’t let me have my phone.”

We then left Dallas on I-30 toward my apartment in Fort Worth. During the drive to Fort Worth, I was crying and telling him “I hate you! Just leave me alone! I hate you!” Respondent then told me he was going to drop me off, take my car and go kill himself. I thought maybe he was on drugs or having a psychotic break so to keep him calm I began telling him, “I love you.” “We can figure this out, we can talk.” Respondent started laughing at this and I became really scared. I started crying even more and he told me “Shut up or I’ll kill us both!” Then I started begging him not to kill me and he immediately responded, “I would never kill you. You don’t deserve that. I would only kill myself!” He was not making sense.

We made it to my apartment in Fort Worth where the altercation continued, although it was more verbal than physical. I kept asking Respondent for my phone repeatedly and he said I wasn’t going to be talking to anyone right then and refused to give it to me. He then smashed my phone onto the tile in my apartment entry. With my phone not working, I resorted to my computer which was on the floor behind a large overstuffed chair. I was trying to Facetime my parents just to get any help I could. Respondent had been outside pacing and when he came back in the apartment he asked me if I had Facetimed my parents. I told him “No” and he said I had better not be lying to him. He went over to the computer and saw that I actually had tried to Facetime my parents and I became extremely scared as to what he might do. I was in my kitchen so out of fear for my life, I pulled a knife out of my knife block and advanced toward him. He ran out of the apartment. I threw the knife down and followed behind him to make sure he had gone. I saw that he was still in the parking lot so I began banging on my neighbor’s door and the upstairs neighbor came out asking if I needed help. I screamed “Yes!” and they came downstairs. Before they could make it down however, Respondent had taken off on foot.

In case you were wondering, yes, the judge did issue the protective order. Manziel must stay at least 500 feet away from Crowley for two years, and he has to pay her lawyers fees of $12,500. If Manziel violates the order, he could face up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Hat Tip – [NBCDFW, The Score]

Tags: Cleveland Browns, colleen crowley, dallas cowboys, johnny manziel, NFL,