Colin Kaepernick Follows Up Shelter, Orphanage Donations with December $100K Donations
Colin Kaepernick has been extremely busy since the 49ers season ended.
On Monday, the San Francisco 49ers quarterback was busy handing out books, clothing, and bedding at shelters and orphanages. On Friday, he mapped out the next round of donations as part of his promised $1 million of donations to various community organizations around the country.
- 50% to offset salary’s for MD’s and Nurses
- 25% to offset building materials for mobile medical clinic
- 15% for medical supplies
- 10% for liability insurance
Appetite for Change (Minneapolis, MN) – $25,000
- $5,000 – Switch to 100% organic ingredients in our community cooking workshops (approximately six workshops per month), improving the nutritional value of meals shared by North Minneapolis residents
- $5,000 – Furnish the addition of one new urban farm plot in the 2017 growing season, increasing the amount of produce grown by approximately 1,000 pounds. This additional produce would be sold at the West Broadway Farmers Market and used in the kitchen at Breaking Bread Café, a social enterprise of Appetite For Change.
- $5,000 – Develop improved nutrition curriculum for the 50 North Minneapolis teens and young adults participating in our Youth Opportunity & Training Program, developing youth into peer advocates for making healthy food choices
- $5,000 – Increase our organizational capacity, from staff training to identifying and hiring new positions
- $5,000 – Raise national awareness of our organization and the issues of food and racial equity we work to address
Southsiders Organized for Unity and Liberation (SOUL – Chicago, IL) – $25,000
- $15,000 – Funding for Decarcerate Chicago: Campaign to end mass incarceration and over-criminalization of communities of color in Illinois.
- $5,000 – Fund curriculum development and implementation of disciplined leadership/ organizing/direct action training with an intentional racial-justice lens for current organizers of color, youth activists and those wishing to engage in the movement.
- $5,000 – Supplies, materials, marketing, media and transportation for direct actions, events and public meetings.