Baker Mayfield Plants The OU Flag In The Ohio State Logo At Midfield (VIDEO)
Conor McGregor Being Sued For $95K For UFC 202 Bottle-Throwing Incident; Bottle Struck Guys Shoulder
Back in August of 2016, Conor McGregor was busy getting ready to fight Nate Diaz for the second time at UFC 202.
Before they actually got there, however, the two engaged in a bottle throwing contest at each other during the UFC 202 press conference. McGregor was fined $25,000 for his actions and received 25 hours of community service, while Diaz received a 15,000 fine and 15 hours of community service.
After fighting Floyd Mayweather last month, the UFC Lightweight champ has a bunch of money coming his way. So naturally, there’s a guy who was reportedly at that press conference and got hit by a Monster Energy can, and he’s suing Conor McGregor as a result.
MMAFighting.com has the details:
“The man who filed suit, William Pegg, said he was struck near his left shoulder by said can. The Blast reported that Pegg is claiming he sustained just below $5,000 in medical bills due to the injury incurred. He’s asking for a total of $95,000 from McGregor — based on the UFC star’s presumed $15 million revenue from the UFC 202 fight with Diaz.
The lawsuit was filed March 28. McGregor’s legal team responded, denying liability, per The Blast, on July 27. McGregor Sports & Entertainment is also listed as a defendant in the case.”
Here’s that incident from last August: