Watch Conor McGregor Jump The Cage & Shove The Referee at Bellator 187 (VIDEO)
Oscar De La Hoya Wants to Come Out of Retirement to Fight Conor McGregor
Earlier this year, former boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya went on an absolute tirade when he accused Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor of “disrespecting the sport of boxing” by booking a match between the UFC champ and the undefeated boxer.
After seeing the millions of dollars that both fighters made that night, De La Hoya has changed his stance and now wants to come out of retirement to fight Conor McGregor.
On “Golden Boy Radio with Tattoo and the Crew,” De La Hoya had this to say:
“It remains to be seen whether Oscar De La Hoya is truly serious, but he said Monday that he has been “secretly training” and called out UFC star Conor McGregor for his comeback fight after nearly a decade in retirement.
“You know I’m competitive,” De La Hoya said. “I still have it in me. I’ve been secretly training, secretly training. I’m faster than ever and stronger than ever. I know I can take out Conor McGregor in two rounds. I’ll come back for that fight. Two rounds. Just one more [fight]. I’m calling him out. Two rounds, that’s all I need. That’s all I’m going to say. You heard it on Golden Boy Radio. Two rounds, that’s all I need.”
De La Hoya retired in 2009 following an iconic bout with Mayweather. He’s been running his promotion company since hanging up the gloves.