Tag Archives: hockey

  • Clueless Canadiens Fan Snatches Souvenir Stick from Kid (Video)

    Clueless Canadiens Fan Snatches Souvenir Stick from Kid (Video)

    Here’s a pro tip all you sports fans need to store away in your memory banks for your next trip to the ballpark, stadium, or arena: when athletes give souvenirs away—foul balls, broken sticks, wrist bands, or whatever—99% of the time they are trying to give them to a kid, and the other 1% of […]

  • Tyler Seguin’s Used Jock Strap is For Sale on eBay

    Tyler Seguin’s Used Jock Strap is For Sale on eBay

    Auction site eBay is one of the premier places for scoring sports memorabilia online, but even the most hardcore collectors might have a tough time putting down their precious cash for this gem. It’s a “used jock strap” (with the strap cut away, leaving only the cup), used by none other than the Dallas Stars’ […]

  • 20 Dirtiest Hits in NHL History

    20 Dirtiest Hits in NHL History

    Every spring we see at least one vicious headshot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and this year we didn’t have to wait very long. On Saturday, during Game 2 of the Western Conference battle between the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues, Chicago’s Brent Seabrook went out of his way to drive his shoulder straight […]

  • Jesus Gets Ejected From Easter Bruins Game (Video)

    Jesus Gets Ejected From Easter Bruins Game (Video)

    Easter has always been an important day for Jesus of Nazareth, but he apparently decided to take in a hockey game on Sunday anyway—although, his treatment at the game was closer to what he received on Good Friday 2014 years ago, rather than Easter Sunday.  That’s because the Romans (or in this case, the Bostonians) kicked […]

  • Not One But Two NHL Players Took Pucks to the Head Last Night (GIFs)

    Not One But Two NHL Players Took Pucks to the Head Last Night (GIFs)

    The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs are just one day and three games old, but we’ve already seen two guys get hit in the head by a puck. It’s gonna be a long two months, I guess. The first was Montreal’s Brendan Gallagher. In the second period of the Canadiens’ game against the Lightning, after taking […]

  • Lightning Fan Snaps Sweet Selfie with Hockey Scrum (GIF)

    Lightning Fan Snaps Sweet Selfie with Hockey Scrum (GIF)

    The Lightning lost Game 1 of their first round series against the Canadiens in overtime last night, so most of their fans went home unhappy. Not the guy you see here, though. His favorite hockey team may have lost, but when Steven Stamkos and Andrei Markov started a scrum along the board, he took the […]

  • The 9 Longest Active Stanley Cup Droughts

    The 9 Longest Active Stanley Cup Droughts

    Tonight the NHL playoffs begin, and sixteen hockey teams will begin the quest for the game’s ultimate prize. Who will survive the most grueling championship tournament in profession sports and hoist the Stanley Cup two months from now? That’s hard to say. The last six teams to win hockey’s Holy Grail are all in the […]

  • The LA Kings Had a Crazy Dad in Their Corner Against the Ducks (Video)

    The LA Kings Had a Crazy Dad in Their Corner Against the Ducks (Video)

    What gives a team the competitive edge? Some say it’s hard work, others say talent, and still others say it’s simply luck. Personally, I choose to believe that it comes from having guys like this in the stands, even though the Los Angeles Kings still ended up losing to the Anaheim Ducks over the weekend. […]