UFC 94 Draws $4.3 Million At The Gate
Total Pro Sports – Last nights UFC 94 main event between Georges St. Pierre and B.J. Penn lived up to all the hype surrounding the fight. GSP controlled the match and now can definitely be considered the best Pound for Pound Fighter in history.
The fight lasted 4 rounds with the UFC doctor calling the fight at the end of the 4th round. But if you watch the replay when the doctor went to check on Benn in the background you can see one of the member of the fight team waving his arm to end the match.
The event on Saturday in Las Vegas was hosted at the MGM Grand Casino and Hotel and drew a crowd of 14,885 and approximately $4.3 million, UFC officials announced. UFC 94 was the largest drawing crowd ever for a UFC event at the MGM Garden Arena and ranks 6th all time for live gate figures.
UFC’s all-time top gates
- UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 gate (12,191 attendance)
- UFC 83 (St. Pierre vs. Serra II): $5,100,000 gate (21,390 attendance)
- UFC 79 (St. Pierre vs. Hughes): $4,994,050 gate (9,704 attendance)
- UFC 91 (Couture vs. Lesnar): $4,815,675 gate (13,224 attendance)
- UFC 71 (Liddell vs. Jackson): $4,304,740 gate (13,224 attendance)
- UFC 94 (St. Pierre vs. Penn II): $4,300,000 gate (14,885 attendance)*
MGM Grand Garden Arena’s all-time top UFC gates
- UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 gate (13,761 attendance)
- UFC 91 (Couture vs. Lesnar): $4,815,675 gate (14,272 attendance)
- UFC 71 (Liddell vs. Jackson): $4,304,000 gate (14,728 attendance)
- UFC 94 (St. Pierre vs. Penn II): $4,300,000 (14,885 attendance)*
- UFC 84 (Penn vs. Sherk): $3,732,000 gate (14,773 attendance)
* – Figures released by the UFC, not confirmed by Nevada State Athletic Commission