Jameis Winston’s Dad Says He’s Going Pro This Year
Jameis Winston’s dad dropped a hard truth bomb on those FSU fans that thought the Noles quarterback was simply attending Florida State for his love of education: The Heisman Trophy winner will be going pro this year and foregoing his Junior year of eligibility in school. While this may have been a bigger story at the end of last year when Winston’s stock was higher, the quarterback is still one of the marquee players of the 2015 NFL Draft.
Jameis Winston’s Dad, Antonor Winston, said that his son is waiting until after the Championship Game on Monday to make the announcement, but his mind is already made up. A formal announcement is now expected this afternoon.
While Winston was presumed to be a candidate for the #1 spot, many think his stock dropped during the Florida State meltdown in the semifinal playoff game against Oregon, leaving questions about his leadership and temperament. That said, the two best prospect’s are considered to be Winston and Oregon’s Marcus Mariota. We’ll see how things shape up, because a lot of studying will be done between now and April.