Brock Lesnar Announces Multi-Year Extension With WWE on SportsCenter (Video)
WWE Fans were treated to some great news ahead of WrestleMania 31 on Tuesday, as it was announced that Brock Lesnar has signed a multi-year deal that will keep him in professional wrestling. The announcement was made by Lesnar himself during an interview on SportsCenter with Michelle Beadle.
— WWE (@WWE) March 25, 2015
What caused Lesnar to end his legacy in the octagon and continue his legacy in the squared-circle? Family. Money. Health. The important things.
Lesnar said he spoke to Dana, Lorenzo, Vince and his wife deciding. “I had many sleepless nights.” He said “I was born to be an entertainer”
— Kevin Iole (@KevinI) March 24, 2015
Brock: “I’ve been in a bad position w/healthy & money. Now I’m in a good position with both. I work part time w/full time pay.”
— Wade Keller (@thewadekeller) March 24, 2015
“I hardly work w/full time pay” probably would have been a little more accurate on Lesnar’s part, but other than that, I can’t help but agree with his decision and the reasoning behind it.
In addition to closing the books on Brock Lesnar’s possible return to the UFC, this also raises plenty of questions heading into WrestleMania 31—as it was previously expected that “The Beast Incarnate” would give up his WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt before departing to resume his career in MMA.
Lesnar’s signing opens up the possibility that he retains his title, sticks around, and maybe we’ll even get to see him face Daniel Bryan after all!!!