Report: Darrelle Revis Injured After Being Jumped By 5 People In Pittsburgh
New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis reportedly got himself injured after getting into an altercation on the south side of Pittsburgh over the weekend, KDKA reports.
He was allegedly jumped by a group of five people. Revis’ lawyer claims that he feared for his life, and although there are no updates on any specifics or how badly Revis was injured, he received medical treatment.
Mr. Revis came home to Pittsburgh this past weekend to visit family and friends. During that time Mr. Revis went by a location in the Southside that he is in the process of developing. Mr. Revis was physically assaulted while at that location by a group of at least five people. Mr. Revis feared for his safety and retreated from the aggressors. Mr. Revis was not arrested after this incident. Mr. Revis sought medical attention as a result of the aforementioned attack.
Sources provided this timeline of the alleged events:
– Revis was approached by two people on the street who complimented his clothes and asked if he was Revis.
– Revis answered yes. The men continued to follow him and started recording him on a cellphone.
– A shoving match ensued as Revis asked the men to leave him alone.
– Victims say Revis grabbed the phone from one man in an attempt to delete the video, then threw the phone into Carson Street.
– A friend of Revis’ approached, and the two men were punched. Nobody saw who threw the blows.
– Both of the injured men were taken to the hospital. One suffered broken bones around his eye.
Revis, 31, is a native of Aliquippa, PA. He has not been charged with any crime yet.
— Kimberley A. Martin (@KMart_LI) February 16, 2017