LaVar Ball Pulled LaMelo From School Because B-Ball Coach Won’t Let Him Take 50 Shots A Game (VIDEO)
On Tuesday, it was reported that LaVar Ball would be pulling his youngest son, LaMelo Ball, out of Chino Hills High School to home-school him for the next two years.
“The 16-year-old junior at Chino Hills will be home-schooled and not play for any team, his father, LaVar Ball, said Monday in a phone call.
“I’m going to make him the best basketball player ever,” LaVar said.
“It’s good for Melo,” LaVar said. “Less distractions. He just needs to focus.”
The next time people will be able to see LaMelo play is next spring in travel ball.
“They’ll have to sit back and wait,” LaVar said.”
It turns out LaVar actually had some issues with the new head coach of the Chino Hills basketball team. LaVar did not agree with the way he wanted to run the team, so he pulled his son.
“I’m not dealing with the coach over there,” LaVar told ESPN. “I’m not dealing with the administration over there. I don’t want no distractions on Melo. So therefore I’m going to home-school him and make him the best basketball player ever.”
Dennis Latimore took over as head coach of the Chino Hills High School basketball team earlier this year after the previous coach—who also had many run-ins with LaVar Ball—was fired.
“The coach made a comment the other day. He said, ‘all those 50 shots a game, that’s going to stop.’ So I’m like, ‘Wow,'” LaVar said. “And every kid he talks to, he asks which AAU program they play for and as soon as they mention my name, he goes the other way.”