Colin Kaepernick Went To Harlem, Gave Out Backpacks & Talked To Kids About Activism
While he continues to be passed over for in favor of lesser quarterbacks, Colin Kaepernick is traveling the country trying to change the world and the lives of the less fortunate, one donation at a time.
A few weeks ago, Kaepernick donated $25,000 to DREAM:
- $10,000 for Baseball and Softball supplies. Balls, bats, gloves, uniforms to help 100 kids.
- $10,000 College trips for 54 students (and chaperones)-an entire grade of middle school students.
- $6,000 for food and overnight lodging
- $4,000 for bus expense
- $5,000 for laptops for the 9th grade class at DREAM charter school.
- Kids who can’t afford now are able to compete more favorably on homework and SAT prep.
On Thursday, the former San Francisco 49ers QB and his girlfriend paid them a visit and gave out backpacks. They also had some important conversations with the youngsters.
❤️ @nessnitty X @kaepernick7 in #Harlem having important conversations and gave out backpacks as the freshmen class get ready for school RP @wearedream – A few weeks ago, @kaepernick7 donated 25,000 to DREAM as part of his million dollar pledge. Today, he and @nessnitty stopped by to talk to our founding 9th graders about activism, taking risks, and starting difficult conversations. We’re so grateful to have friends who believe in our youth and their future. #WeAreDREAM