Dancing with the Stars All-Athlete Edition Kicks Off With Cringeworthy Performance to “We Will Rock You” (Video)
In case you haven’t heard, all the “stars” on Season 26 of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars are current or former athletes. So if you’ve ever wanted to see some of your all-time favorite sports heroes dress up in goofy sequinned outfits and look awkward on national television, you’re in for a real treat.
The sports-themed season kicked off on Monday night with “player introductions” and a dance number set to a horrendous cover of Queen’s arena rock anthem “We Will Rock You.”
Here’s a rundown of the impressive list of athlete competitors:
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, NBA Hall of Famer
- Jennie Finch Daigle, Olympic gold medalist softball pitcher
- Josh Norman, Washington cornerback
- Mirai Nagasu, Olympic figure skater
- Johnny Damon, former MLB All-Star
- Arike Ogunbowale, Notre Dame women’s basketball hero
- Adam Rippon, Olympic figure skater
- Jamie Anderson, Olympic gold medalist snowboarder
- Chris Mazdzer, Olympic luger
- Tonya Harding, former Olympic figure skater
Now take a look at the opening number and just try not to cringe:
Did you hear that cheesy sports commentary from Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews at the end? God help us all.