Police: Kellen Winslow II Targeted Older Women For Kidnapping, Rape
Not since Darren Sharper has a well known former football player dealt with rape allegations quite like this.
One day after reports surfaced that former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested in San Diego and charged with 9 criminal charges, police are now saying Winslow spent months targeting older women for crimes, including two women he kidnapped and raped.
Via the San Diego Tribune:
- Kidnap, rape and forced oral copulation of a 54-year-old woman in March;
- Kidnap, rape and sodomy of a 59-year-old woman in May;
- Indecent exposure in May;
- Burglary with the intent to rape a 71-year-old woman in June;
- Burglary with the intent to rape an 86-year-old woman also in June.
It was just last week when Winslow was briefly taken into custody after a neighbor saw him snooping around another residence, but his publicist explained the arrest was the result of an over-reaction. They claim he was only in the area because he was looking for available homes.
“He would have no need to burglarize or steal anything from anyone at a trailer park,” Steinberg said, adding that Winslow II “looks forward to being vindicated” in court.
Winslow II remains in jail with no bail. He faces life in prison.