On Saturday, a bombshell was revealed when it was announced that Dallas Mavericks forward Kristaps Porzingis was being investigated in New York for an alleged rape that a woman told police took place last year, according to a New York Post report.
The woman stated a few days ago that she waited over a year to tell her story because the former New York Knicks forward had discussed giving $68,000 to keep quiet, but would soon change his mind.
The 7-foot-3 Latvian allegedly unleashed the brutal attack Feb. 7, 2018 inside his penthouse at the soaring Sky building in Midtown West, hours after suffering a devastating knee injury that ended his season and has had him out for the entire 2018-2019 season.
Among the things that are being alleged is Kristaps reportedly punching his neighbor in the face as he raped her.
It only got worse from there:
Porzingis’ attorney, Roland G. Riopelle, denied the allegations:
“We are aware of the complaint that was made against Mr. Porzingis on Friday and unequivocally deny the allegations,” Riopelle said. “We made a formal referral to federal law enforcement on Dec. 20, 2018, based on the accuser’s extortionate demands. We also alerted the National Basketball Association months ago, and they are aware of the ongoing investigation of the accuser by federal law enforcement. We cannot comment further on an ongoing federal investigation. Please refer any questions to the Federal Bureau of Investigation or the National Basketball Association.”
As of this moment, he hasn’t been charged with a crime.