Dez Bryant Calls Out Molly Qerim For Her Immaturity; Defends LaVar Ball (TWEETS)
Former NFL star Dez Bryant has never been shy about speaking his opinion on various topics, which is why he recently decided to weigh in on the controversy between LaVar Ball and what he stated on First Take towards Molly Qerim.
In a series of tweets posted in the early morning hours of Sunday, the former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver defended the actions of Ball and stated that it should be Qerim as the one to apologize.
“Molly Qerim, I’m late but I just seen the ESPN video of you and LaVar Ball. Just being real … you owe that man an apology straight up,” Bryant wrote. “I didn’t even sense foul play from him … you dramatically overreacted. Mature women like Doris Burke need those jobs.”
During an appearance on First Take last week, Qerim stated that she wanted to “switch gears” to another topic, to which Ball replied that she could “switch gears with me anytime.”
ESPN reportedly banned him from all of their platforms going forward.
“I have a opinion just like the rest of this world … I said nothing bad about Molly nor LaVar,” Bryant wrote. “I’m saying more women who know there stuff and smart enough to know every man don’t want them. It’s a job. She’s out of line. I didn’t see nothing sexual about what he said.”
When somebody asked Ball about him being banned, the outspoken was unapologetic as he fired back.
“How am I gonna be banned? I don’t work for them. I gotta be banned from ESPN? I got my own show,” he said, according to USA Today. “I don’t even have to respond to that on the fact that I meant no sexual intent. Nothing on the fact that ‘switch gears’ means change topics to me. Her mind in the gutter and she think of something else. Only time I hit on her is if she’s breaking in my house, and I mistake her for the boogeyman.”