Charles Barkley Updates His Condition After Testing For Coronavirus

(Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)

About a week or so ago, Charles Barkley informed the sporting world that he had to take a test for the coronavirus and had to self-quarantine as he awaited his results.

“I spent the earlier part of the week in New York City. When I got to Atlanta yesterday, I wasn’t feeling well,” the TNT basketball commentator said. “I talked to a couple people at [TNT] and a couple doctors and they told me to self-quarantine for the next 48 hours. I started yesterday, this is my second day.

“I haven’t been feeling great and they didn’t want me to take any chances. … I went and took the coronavirus test late this afternoon, I have not gotten the results back. So I’m just kinda in limbo right now. I’m really hoping it was just a bug.”

Well, days had passed and there was no word from Sir Charles and people really started to worry about him.

Those questions were answered on Monday when he released a statement that sad he tested negative for COVID-19.

The NBA has suspended its entire season until further notice after Rudy Gobert tested positive. There have been many more positive tests since then.