LSU Unveils First Look At Iced-Out Championship Rings For 2019 Team (VIDEO + PICS)
The 2019 LSU Tigers were one of the best teams in college football history, going 15-0 en route to winning the national championship.
LSU cruised to the SEC Championship Game by taking down the Georgia Bulldogs, getting through the Oklahoma Sooners in the Peach Bowl and then the Clemson Tigers in the title game.
Months later, it was time to celebrate again by unveiling the championship rings.
Here are some details on the rings (via LSU’s website).
SEC Championship ring
Yellow gold and sixteen purple stones adorn the face for LSU’s 16 conference championships, and the scores of all eight conference wins in 2019 line the interior of the ring. One side features the score of the championship game in Atlanta and the text “Geaux Tigers.” The other features the owner’s name and position with another signature phrase: “One Team. One Heartbeat.”
College Football Playoff champion ring
The CFP ball logo is gold, but LSU got a bonus: they asked for purple stones to surround the CFP logo and were granted their request. Purple is one of LSU’s primary colors.
LSU provided national champion ring
– Features white-gold LSU stones on top of a yellow-gold rendering of the national championship trophy. Combined with the purple stones behind the trophy, it showcases all three official school colors: purple, gold, and white.
– Four stones for the four national championship programs in modern history line the edges of the top.
– One side features a rendering of Tiger Stadium.
– The state of Louisiana is on the other side of the ring.
– Inside of the ring is the engraved text “LSU standard of performance”, which is a message used by Coach Ed Orgeron.
LSU won’t have Joe Burrow in 2020, but the Tigers’ projected starting quarterback Myles Brennan seems more than capable of putting up big numbers this season.