Social Media Reacts Negatively To Packed Ballpark At Texas Rangers’ Home Opener (VIDEO + TWEETS)
On Monday, the Texas Rangers opened their 50th home season against the Toronto Blue Jays with a packed ballpark. All 30 Rangers home games in 2020 were played without fans in the park due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Footage has since came out showing the first full looking ballpark basically since the end of the 2019 MLB season.
The Rangers opened their ballpark to its full capacity of 40,300 for Monday’s home opener.
Here’s how social media reacted:
Here is the full list of health and safety protocols for all 2021 games, provided by the Rangers:
- Masks will be required for all fans except when actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seats. That includes all concourse areas and when entering Globe Life Field.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the ballpark.
- Globe Life Field will again be cashless, as it was for 2020 events. All tickets will be digital and only credit cards will be accepted at concession stands and retail locations.
- Safe distancing will be enforced at ingress/egress, on concourses, and in concession lines, retail locations, and restrooms.
- For entries, concessions stands and restrooms, distance markers are in place to remind guests to keep a safe distance from others. Standing areas behind seats along the main concourse are marked as unavailable at this time. Signage is in place throughout the building to remind everyone of the best practices of wearing a mask, washing your hands and keeping distance when possible.
- No bags will be permitted except for those that are carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children. Single compartment purses and wallets smaller than 5” x 9” will also be allowed.
- The Rangers worked with Major League Baseball to finalize health and safety protocols as it pertains to the seating bowl and the playing field at Globe Life Field. This includes the installation of plexiglass behind both dugouts and bullpens.