James Harden Files Lawsuit, Lost Over $2M Investing In TikTok vs. YouTube Boxing Event

James Harden wants his money back.

Page Six reported on Monday that the Brooklyn Nets star has fired off legal letters in an attempt to recoup $2 million that he invested in a boxing event that features TikTokers and YouTubers. He also wants another $400,000 that he says he was promised in profits.

YouTube superstar Austin McBroom organized the “Social Gloves: Battle of the Platforms” event, and he was in the main event against TikToker Bryce Hall.

It was reported last month that the event lost around $10 million. According to the trade, Hall alone was promised $5 million to take part in the fight.

“Now we’re told that lawyers for nine-time All-Star Harden have let loose a barrage of legal letters demanding that he get his money back — and then some.

According to one of the letters, seen by Page Six, Harden’s attorneys figure he’s due about $2.4 million.”

The report continues:

“Meanwhile, on Thursday, Holder filed a breach of contract suit against McBroom’s company, claiming that he was promised $2 million to fight British YouTuber Gib at the June event at the Hard Rock Arena in Miami.

According to court papers seen by Page Six, Holder claims he’s been paid just $85,000 so far.

The suit claims that McBroom’s company, Simply Greatness Productions, expected millions of pay-per-view customers to tune in for the fight fest — in fact, according to an investor deck included in Holder’s suit, McBroom expected 10,000,000 pay-per-view buyers, making it “the biggest pay-per-view event in history.” But only 136,000 fans paid the $50 to watch.”

Harden averaged 24.6 points on 46.6 percent shooting, 10.8 assists and 7.9 rebounds per game for the Houston Rockets and Nets, the latter acquiring the nine-time All-Star on Jan. 13 in a four-team blockbuster deal.