Teddy Bridgewater sees a disturbing trend with professional athletes and he is sick and tired of it.
The Miami Dolphins quarterback isn’t a fan of fellow NFL players presenting fake images of themselves. So much so, that the veteran posted a message about it on Instagram on Monday:
“Tired of seeing football players portray this tough guy image or pretend he’s gangsta. You went to school, attended those classes, and some even got their college degree. Now you might have 1.5% of professional football players that’s on that but the remaining 98.5% are only ‘football tough.'”
“Kids don’t be fooled,” Bridgewater wrote. “You can play ball, do the right thing, and they still gonna accept you … My people accept me for making all the right decisions and not falling victim or being tricked by the false image you see on IG from a lot of ball players.”
The 29-year-old has had a long NFL career since coming out of Louisville. Despite a catastrophic injury early in his career, he is headed into his ninth NFL season, with the Dolphins set to be his fourth team in four years.
While others around the league have been negative role models, Bridgewater won the NFL’s Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award in 2020.
Bridgewater completed 285-of-426 passes (66.9%) for 3,052 yards, 18 touchdowns, and seven interceptions, finishing 7-7 as Denver’s QB1.