Well, it looks like Jose Canseco can stop taking his victory lap.
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez are refuting reports that they have called off their relationship and their 2-year engagement.
“We are working through some things,” Lopez and Rodriguez said in a joint statement, which was obtained by People.
“They never officially broke up and talked about it but are still together. They hit a rough patch. But were not broken up,” a source added, noting that rumors of an affair between Rodriguez and Southern Charm’s Madison LeCroy “had no bearing on the rough patch at all.”
“She’s working in the Dominican Republic and he’s in Miami so it’s tough seeing each other especially with quarantining and COVID,” the source explained. “But they want to try to stay together.”
Reports that the couple broke up emerged on Friday shortly after news came down about Rodriguez had an affair after Southern Charm’s Madison LeCroy and made her sign an NDA to stop her from disclosing private messages they had been sending each other.
A separate insider says, “This was not caused by a third party. Madison [LeCroy] or anyone else. They are working through things.”
A-Rod and J-Lo got engaged in the Bahamas in March 2019 after dating for two years.
Lopez talked about having to postpone their wedding two times because of COVID.
“We postponed the wedding twice. We had planned what we really, really wanted to do, [but] I don’t know if we’ll be able to re-create that,” the “In the Morning” singer told Elle. “We canceled it, and since then we haven’t really talked about it. There’s no rush. We want to do it right when we can do it.”
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.