Trevor Bauer’s Major League Baseball career seems to be over.
On Friday, Major League Baseball announced a 324-game suspension for the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher, the equivalent of two full seasons. Bauer promptly released a statement announcing he was appealing the suspension and became the first player to contest punishment through MLB’s domestic violence policy.
“In the strongest possible terms, I deny committing any violation of the league’s domestic violence and sexual assault policy,” Bauer’s statement read. “I am appealing this action and expect to prevail. As we have throughout this process, my representatives and I respect the confidentiality of the proceedings.”
That suspension could very well be extended as we now have a 3rd woman accusing him of sexual assault. Bauer had been publicly accused by two women of choking them until they were unconscious and then assaulting them before they had regained consciousness. Speaking to the Washington Post, Bauer’s third accuser claims this occurred numerous times in their years-long relationship.
The woman claims she met Bauer on a dating app in April 2013 when he was a member of Cleveland’s minor league team in Columbus. She claims during intercourse, “things happened outside of my consent,” according to the Washington Post.
Among the allegations, the woman claims that Bauer choked her during sex, which she agreed to “to a certain point.” However, she says in ensuing encounters, he grabbed her throat until she passed out, which she says she did not give consent to. In fact, she said Bauer choked her unconscious several times and would only stop if she “got pissed and was like desperate about it” or if she passed out.
During one sexual encounter, she alleges that Bauer was anally penetrating her without her consent after she regained consciousness. The smoking gun about her claims is that she allegedly has video of at least one of the alleged choking incidents because Bauer would record their sexual encounters with a GoPro camera either mounted on a tripod or strapped to his head.
The allegations are similar in nature to that of Bauer’s other accusers.
The Dodgers paid Bauer $38 million last year and he was due $32 million this year and next. However, players who are under suspension are not paid, and if Bauer’s appeal fails, the organization will not have to fulfill the remainder of his contract.
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.