Last night, a bunch of NBA fans were treated to a player they likely never knew even existed in Scott Burrell of the Chicago Bulls.
One scene showed Jordan and Burrell on the team plane getting their coffee ready while MJ randomly decides to call out his partying and drinking to the nearby camera. Burrell was clearly uncomfortable that information being told to the cameraman.
- Jordan: This man never gets sleep. Dennis Rodman Jr.
- Burrell: Don’t say that on camera.
- Jordan: He’s a single man and thinks he can hang out all night
- Burrell: Hey don’t put that on tape
- Jordan: If he’s committed to one girl it’s a lie. He’s out there every night.
- Burrell: My mom and dad are going to watch this.
- Jordan: Mom and dad he’s an alcoholic
In 2020, Burrell is married to SNY TV anchor Jeane Coakley. She was tagged on Twitter about the moment and responded like so:
The 49-year-old Burrell, who is the coach at Southern Connecticut State University, actually appreciated the torment from Jordan.
“I hope people don’t think he’s a bully, he harasses players. It was just tough love,” Burrell said in an interview with the Daily News. “That’s the way he competed, that’s the way guys competed back then. If you didn’t like it, you could ask for a trade or you could’ve signed somewhere else. I looked forward to practice every day, no matter how hard he was on me.”