This would likely explain why the Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, and the NFL league office had no clue about this situation.
Earlier this week, the bombshell dropped when a civil lawsuit was filed against Antonio Brown that accused the New England Patriots receiver of sexual assault and rape on three separate occasions. Two incidents were said to happen in the same month of June 2017, while the other one was said to have happened almost a year later in 2018.
When the suit came out, it wasn’t exactly a shock to Brown and his team because ESPN is reporting Brown and Britney Taylor’s reps have been in discussions for the past few months and agreed everything said would remain confidential.
“Representatives for New England Patriots receiver Antonio Brown and Britney Taylor were in discussions over the past few months, but agreed their communication would remain confidential until the filing of Taylor’s civil sexual assault lawsuit, sources told ESPN on Thursday.
This, the sources say, is why the Patriots and the Oakland Raiders, who released Brown last weekend, would not have known about the matter unless there was a breach in the confidentiality of those discussions.”
One would have to assume that monetary gain was discussed, and if a number was thrown out there, it was likely declined by Antonio Brown, which is why the lawsuit and not a criminal case came about.
As for as Taylor goes, she is set to meet with the NFL next week.
Brown is expected to be on the field for the Patriots on Sunday against Miami.