One of two suspects allegedly involved in the shooting of Washington Commanders running back Brian Robinson Jr. was arrested this week, the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) announced Wednesday. Chief Robert J. Contee said that a 17-year-old male was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault with intent to rob while armed
After D.C. police arrested a 17-year-old juvenile earlier this week in connection with the August shooting of Commanders running back Brian Robinson, the Washington rookie fielded questions from local media.
Per Sam Fortier of the Washington Post, Robinson called it “a relief” to hear the news.
“It’s definitely closure, only because the situation was so random. I had no idea who did it, it made me feel a lot better to know who did it,” Robinson said.
“I’m passionate for [football]. This is what kept me alive mentally through everything I went through,” he said. “So it’s easy for me to focus on this and stay locked in on this because I’m very passionate about it.”
In four games played this season, Robinson has carried the ball 54 times for 175 yards and a touchdown. He missed the team’s first four games after the shooting.
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.