Attorney Tony Buzbee had previously said “important and significant developments in the Deshaun Watson case” will be addressed during a news conference on Tuesday.
In the first few minutes of the presser, Buzbee introduced the first woman who filed against Watson.
Ashley Solice was the first person who sued Deshaun Watson.
“I hope my story gives them courage to speak out. It has taken me a long time to speak my truth. I was afraid. I’m not afraid anymore. I’m here to take back the power and take back control. I’m a survivor of assault and harassment.”
“It has taken me a long time to get to this point … I’m here to take back the power, take back control. … Deshaun Watson assaulted and harassed me … in my own home.”
Twenty-two civil lawsuits have been filed against the Houston Texans quarterback so far. The lawsuits were filed over the last three weeks with all of the women accusing him of sexual misconduct or assault.
Last Friday, the Houston Police Department said a criminal complaint had been filed with their department concerning Watson.
“As with any allegation, the Houston Police Department is now conducting an investigation and will not comment further during the investigative process,” HPD said in a statement.WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.