J.J. Watt is a workout warrior, and although he is hardly the only one in the NFL, he does want a message to be known to the different bases on what they see in workout videos in the offseason.
On Saturday, the Arizona Cardinals defensive player posted a video of him doing squats with what seemed to be at least 125 pounds on each side of the bar. He then took one of the plates off the bar and showed that it’s actually just 2.5 pounds.
Chandler Jones loved the video, and replied to Watt’s tweet, saying “Big facts.”
Watt had 5.0 sacks in 2020 despite starting all 16 games. That’s his lowest output in a season where he didn’t miss a game.
- 5-time Pro Bowl selection (2012-15, 2018)
- 5-time Associated Press First-Team All-Pro (2012-15, 2018)
- 3-time Associated Press and PFWA NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014-15)
- Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year (2017)
- Sports Illustrated Person of the Year (2017)
- 7-time AFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week 2, 2012; Week 15, 2012; Week 4, 2014; Week 11, 2014; Week 11, 2015; Week 17, 2015; Week 12, 2018)
- 6-time AFC Defensive Player of the Month (September, 2012; December, 2012; September, 2014; December, 2014; November, 2015; September, 2018)
- 2-time NFL sack leader (2012 and 2015)
Watt signed a two-year, $28 million contract with the Cardinals in March.
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.