The judge presiding over the Michael Irvin case has had it with Marriott.
A ruling was just handed down on Wednesday from the presiding judge over Michael Irvin’s defamation lawsuit. For the second time in weeks, Marriott has been ordered to hand over the security tapes featuring the alleged incident between Irvin and a female staff member.
They have until Tuesday of next week.
NFL Wide Receivers News
Get all of the latest info, photos, and social media news surrounding NFL Wide Receivers.
After the original allegations, Michael Irvin was pulled from Super Bowl coverage after misconduct allegations. The Hall of Famer has been removed from both ESPN and the NFL Network. Irvin responded with a $100 million defamation lawsuit against the hotel chain.
Marriott has been reluctant to release the surveillance footage, which is insane if they truly want to prove that something happened.
“There is absolutely no reason Marriott can’t produce the video and other basic information upon which they based their decision to start this unnecessary drama,” Irvin’s attorney Levi G. McCathern said, per Front Office Sports.
Earlier this week, Marriott filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, but it looks like that won’t be happening until that footage is released.
Irvin’s attorney, Levi McCathern, told TMZ he’s happy with the new order.
“Michael and I are pleased with the ruling, and we thank the Court for ruling so quickly and equitably,” McCathern said. “We look forward to receiving the information that we believe will prove that Michael was engaged in no wrongdoing.”WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.