Michael Irvin’s sports commentating career has basically come to an abrupt end after he was accused of indecent behavior by a woman at a Marriott hotel.
The Cowboys Hall of Famer was pulled off Super Bowl coverage and he has not been seen on sports television since. Marriott said Irvin made unwelcome sexual advances toward a female employee. They added he “appeared to be visibly intoxicated,” In conversation with the female staffer, asked a lewd question about intercourse with a Black man.
Irvin not only denied everything, but he filed a $100m lawsuit against Marriott in Arizona.
Taking to Twitter on Saturday, The Playmaker took to Twitter and asked his followers how to watch UFC 28 since he was in Brazil.
His tweet eventually led to him revealing that he was “in a dark place” until recently due to the Super Bowl controversy and “had to get away” for a while.
“You might be right bro…. But I was in a dark place from dealing with all that stuff since Super Bowl I had to get away. Thanks, bro,” Irvin said.
Weeks after Cowboys Hall of Famer Michael Irvin was pulled off Super Bowl coverage, he and his attorneys released video of the alleged unwanted advances in the Phoenix Marriott Hotel for the first time. The video appeared to show the Hall of Fame receiver chatting with the woman for around two minutes before the two shook hands and went their separate ways.
A couple of witnesses said there was nothing inappropriate about the interaction, with one saying it was “super friendly.”
Marriott previously filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit claiming that the case did not have jurisdiction in Texas, considering the event happened in Arizona. Irvin’s team refiled his $100 million defamation lawsuit against Marriott and a hotel employee, moving the case from Texas to Arizona.
Irvin is likely trying to get away from everything as he continues to deal with this situation that likely won’t be finishing anytime soon.WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.