Michael Irvin and his attorney just want this situation over with, but they have run into a huge problem.
The attorney for the former Dallas Cowboys star talked to the Dallas Morning News about an alleged incident before Super Bowl LVII in Arizona. Levi McCathern — who is representing the former Cowboys wide receiver — said he is “mad as hell” as footage of the alleged incident has not yet been released. This is despite a judge setting a Feb. 20 deadline for the hotel to do so.
“I’m mad as hell that they’re hiding this stuff that is so relevant to my client’s livelihood,” said McCathern, a Dallas-based attorney.
“I think it is terrible they’re doing that. I don’t know what’s on the video. None of us have gotten to see it. But I sure think that, at a minimum, Michael has got a right to see the video.”
NFL Network pulled Irvin from its coverage of the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs in Glendale, Ariz. “after a female employee at the Marriott’s Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel made an unspecified complaint.” Soon afterward, he would file a $100 million lawsuit in Arizona days after being sent home from the Super Bowl.
NFL Wide Receivers News
Get all of the latest info, photos, and social media news surrounding NFL Wide Receivers.
Earlier this week, The Athletic’s Daniel Kaplan reported “Marriott is seeking to move the Michael Irvin lawsuit to federal court, according to a notice on the Collin County court docket.”
According to Pro Football Talk, “Federal law authorizes defendants sued in state court to take the case to federal court when the defendants are not residents of the states where they have been sued. This concept recognizes the reality that there may be home cooking for local residents suing out-of-state parties in state court.”
The Pro Football Hall of Famer claims he’s being “railroaded” as a victim of “cancel culture.”WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.