According to Adam Schefter, the NFL has fined the 49ers, Jaguars and Cowboys for violations of work regulations during OTAs.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 49ers organization fined $100,000
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan fined $50,000
- Jaguars organization fined $200,000
- Jaguars HC Urban Meyer fined $100,000
- Cowboys organization fined $100,000
- Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy fined $50,000
This is the second time the San Francisco 49ers have heard from the NFL this off-season. Schefter added that 49ers were forced to cancel the final week of OTAs they had scheduled last month. The Cowboys have to forfeit one practice during the first week of OTAs next offseason and Jacksonville will forfeit two in that same timespan.
‘The health and safety of our players is our highest priority, and we take following league rules very seriously. We will continue to work with the NFL and the NFLPA to ensure compliance,’” the 49ers reportedly said.
The NFL strictly monitors what players can and cannot do during spring OTAs. No contact is allowed and there are phases that ramp up to on-field work.