Former WWE CEO and chairman Vince McMahon is reportedly the subject of fresh claims related to sexual misconduct.
McMahon willingly stepped down from the aforementioned positions when news of his paying hush pacts to females broke earlier this year. But he remained in charge of creative endeavors for several weeks before officially retiring on July 22.
WWE opened a formal investigation into the matter and has since reported it to be over. During the probe, it was discovered that Vince did pay millions in NDAs but used his own money to do so. Despite this, the company determined that the payment should have been brought to its attention as there was a direct relationship, given that the women are all former employees.
Vince McMahon Is Facing New Claims
The Wall Street Journal is now reporting that new claims have been made against McMahon. Rita Chatterton, who became WWE’s first female referee in the 1980s has been making accusations of rape against McMahon for many years and, per the source, is now seeking $11.75 million in damages.
She has also alleged that McMahon told her she would need to satisfy him in order to land a $500,00 deal with the company.
McMahon has consistently denied the claims and people with knowledge about the situation have said he’s told them he will not pay Chatterton, who he accused of making a false rape allegation against him in 1993 because she was prompted to do so by a disgruntled wrestler.
Chatterton’s lawyer John Clune recently wrote a letter in which he stated his client “has suffered years of ongoing depression, substance abuse, disordered eating, lost income, and overall a decreased quality of life.”
He added that Chatterton had passed a polygraph while several sources have corroborated her story.
There’s Still More
A former spa manager has also accused McMahon of sexual misconduct, declaring she was assaulted by the former WWE boss while on the job in Southern California in 2011. She reported as much to the spa and told her husband about it as well.
It’s understood that the enraged spouse drove to a WWE event with a baseball bat to confront McMahon but wasn’t allowed contact with him.
The woman’s attorney has been in touch with Vince’s lawyer since July.WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.