Cris Carter is now officially out at FOX Sports, that is according to a statement released from the network on Thursday morning.
“Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports. There is no further comment at this time,” the statement read.
The Hall of Fame wide receiver joined FOX in late 2016 alongside Nick Wright on the popular show ‘First Things First.’
Front Office Sports reported earlier this week Carter had become unhappy with his lack of a role in the network’s NFL coverage and it lead to a “blowup” with his bosses.
“Rumors have bubbling since Friday about an alleged blow-up between Carter and his bosses at FS1.
“I was told it was bad,” said one source.
One high-placed source told Front Office Sports that Carter is miffed at not being included in Fox’s Thursday Night Football pregame coverage this season.
Carter, Wright, and Wolfe shoot their weekday morning show at the site of Fox’s Thursday Night Football show in midtown Manhattan.”
No word on when a replacement will be set in place for the foreseeable future.