BREAKING: Mike Tyson Reportedly Agrees To Comeback Fight Against Roy Jones Jr.
Mike Tyson appears to be back.
The legendary heavyweight champion has reportedly agreed to a comeback fight against Roy Jones Jr., according to Yahoo! Sports Kevin Iole.
“He will fight Roy Jones Jr. in an eight-round exhibition match. Heard there will be boxer vs MMA fighters on undercard. Looks like it will be in Cali. Don’t have the date yet,” the veteran fighting writer reports.
Jones Jr. had previously said that he would be open to fighting Tyson in a comeback match.
“Yes, it’s true – Mike is a legend. It would be crazy to receive an offer to enter the ring with him and refuse,” Jones told sports.ru.
“I had no intention of going back and fighting again but, for the sake of Mike Tyson, I agree to make an exception. For me, this is an opportunity that I cannot refuse. Of all those who wanted to go into the ring with him, he chose me. And since he did that, how can I say no?”
TMZ has more details:
“Iron” Mike will take on Roy Jones Jr. on Sept. 12 in an 8-round exhibition being called Frontline Battle — available on Pay-per-view and on the social media platform, Triller.
We’re told the fight will take place in California — and will be sanctioned by the California State Athletic Commission.
The event will include an undercard and live musical performances from top artists — and since Triller is backed by big stars like Snoop, Lil Wayne, Future, The Weeknd, Pitbull, Marshmello and more.”
Tyson’s professional boxing career ran from 1985 through 2005 where he finished his career with a 50-6-2 record with 44 knockouts.