Trevor Bauer and his attorneys are making one thing perfectly clear: They have no intentions of discussing a financial settlement with the woman who has accused him of sexual assault.
“No settlements or cash offers have or ever will be made,” Bauer attorneys Shawn Holley and Jon Fetterolf wrote in a court filing Tuesday.
That wasn’t all they said this week.
According to TMZ, Bauer and his attorneys argue his accuser’s request for a permanent domestic violence restraining order should be denied and the released photos showing injuries appear to be edited.
“In the docs, Bauer’s lawyers claim his accuser’s text messages and emails to friends and legal team show the woman was not sexually assaulted by Bauer, but rather show she had simply wanted to end the Dodgers pitcher’s career.
Bauer’s attorneys also claim the woman had hoped to ultimately gain a monetary settlement from Bauer after she had filed for her initial temporary restraining order against him earlier this summer.
In the docs, Bauer’s attorneys say the photos that the woman provided in her June TRO request “appear to be edited or filtered in a manner to give a misleading or false impression of her injuries.”
They also say messages with her legal team show she had hoped Bauer would “offer me major cash then make me sign an nda” in a settlement.”
Bauer’s attorneys reiterated their stance that they believe the two sexual encounters were entirely consensual.
“[Bauer’s accuser] has taken a proceeding designed to prevent future acts of ‘domestic violence,’ and turned it into a tool for attracting media attention and attempting to end [Bauer’s] baseball career,” Bauer’s attorneys wrote.
The unnamed woman says Bauer gave her black eyes, bruises and other injuries during sex she did not consent to.
Bauer, the 2020 National League Cy Young Award winner as a member of the Cincinnati Reds, joined the Dodgers with a record-setting three-year, $102 million contract in February