Antonio Brown is not having the best time being an owner of an indoor arena football team.
Albany Empire has a new head coach for the second time in three weeks and the players on the field have not been playing well at all.
Former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown, the Empire’s majority owner, tweeted “New coach new trainer new players Who wanna Win?????” during the fourth quarter of their latest loss.
At one point, the Empire trailed by an insurmountable 63-28.
Following the game, Brown continued to show his disappointment by tweeting “Complacency kills” and complaining about the veterans’ struggles.
“We got veterans out there throwing punches getting kicked out game we got to do better !” Brown tweeted.
Albany Empire coach Tom Menas would resign following a 79-34 loss at the Jacksonville Sharks Saturday night.
Menas led Albany to National Arena League championships in 2021 and 2022, but was sacked by previous owner Mike Kwarta before the start of the 2023 season, while Brown and Kwarta remained co-owners. Brown eventually purchased Kwarta’s remaining shares, becoming the team’s 95 percent owner; a Saratoga Springs couple owns the other 5%.
“I have come to realize that my vision doesn’t match our ownership’s vision, and I need to do the right thing and step aside to allow the Albany Empire to find a head coach that matches their vision,” Menas said in a statement.
The Empire returns home to MVP Arena next weekend for a game against the Fayetteville Mustangs. Brown has said he plans to play, which would be his first action on the field since January 2, 2022, when he stormed off the field in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ game against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.