Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the entirety of your life, then you should know just how bad this area is and can be for locals, let alone people coming from every corner of the country.
Pretty much the entire area is gang related and rocking the wrong color or hat can get you in a world of trouble.
A man named Phillip Barnett on Twitter recently took to the popular social media site to give out of towners some feedback from his uncle who wanted them to be safe, so he laid out a bunch of things they should and should not do.
- YES there is traffic everywhere! Literally everywhere!
- If you are staying in the valley and need to go up the 405 hill, the far right lane moves faster than the fast lane. Don’t ask why it just does!
- It cost money to get in the carpool lane on the 110frwy… but don’t trip the ticket you will get in the mail is like 75 cents with a $2.99 processing fee.
- If you need to go down the 405 Hill don’t pump your breaks just take you foot of the gas and coast!
- Even it if seems like a lot of traffic and the speed limit says 65 MPH still do you best to go 80, or get out the way.
- The Game is in INGLEWOOD… don’t be fooled by the gentrification it’s still the HOOD!!! Please don’t come out here trying to floss what you got with ya PPP LOANS…
- There is no where to park…don’t rent a car, be prepared to take Uber…
- If you do rent a car remember get gas almost $5 a gallon (Again I suggest Uber/Lyft)
- The clubs/bars/lounges will be ridiculously priced, prepare to drop $30-60 to park if your lucky, $ $100 to get in.
- Don’t come out here with them deformed BBL’s you will get made fun of.
- Everyone in LA has the Omarion so just accept it.
- There are homeless people everywhere ALOT of them, don’t be alarmed when you see their apartment sized tents on the streets and freeways. Unfortunately those are the times we live in.
- Don’t go site seeing In the hood, the moves and tv shows are real!!! It’s not as bad as it was, but still just bc you see palm trees doesn’t mean you in a safe place to walk at night (or day) lol.
- Celebrities are gonna be everywhere especially in Beverly Hills…act like y’all got some sense pls…
- GO HOME!! We have enough people, don’t be looking around talking about “oh this apartment looks nice” NO IT DONT, it’s gonna cost you 3-4xs what your probably paying in your home state… GO HOME!
- It’s perfectly ok to get a hot dog wrapped in bacon (alley dog), tacos or corn off someone on the sidewalk… it taste the best when they don’t speak English… get you some good food!!!
Not listed above is the fact that if you see a bunch of people rocking Houston Astros gear…Trust me, they are NOT Astros fans. You know what, if it’s not the Bengals or the Rams, just stay away from rocking whatever other team you may cheer for. There is a high probability that a gang in the area has adopted the colors and logo and it now belongs to them.
Don’t fight it, just accept it and move on.
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.