Antonio Brown is without a team and certainly has a lot of time on his hands
The former Patriots WR filed a grievance against the team over the withheld payment of his $9 million signing bonus, but that is likely to continue into 2020. He’s not done.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter — Brown is expected to file a record nine grievances and appeals in an effort to recoup as much of the $61-plus million that he believes is owed to him.
Here are all the grievances and appeals:
• Fine appeals with the Oakland Raiders: $215,000
• Salary guarantees with Oakland: $29 million
• Signing bonus with Raiders: $1 million
• Oakland’s unpaid Week 1 salary: $860,000
• New England Patriots’ salary guarantee: $1 million
• Patriots signing bonus: $9 million
• Patriots’ unpaid Week 3 salary: $64,000
• Patriots’ option year in 2020: $20 million
AB still has to deal with the league investigating sexual assault and sexual misconduct claims by two different women, which could also turn into another appeal if the league chooses to suspend him.
In 2019, Brown appeared in one game for the Patriots and caught four passes for 56 yards receiving and one touchdown.
This is going to drag out for quite awhile.
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.