There’s now some doubt over whether Tom Brady will ever take up that job at FOX despite the former quarterback penning a 10-year deal to the tune of $375 million while he was still playing in the NFL.
Brady announced his retirement from football in early February and it was thought that he might be involved in Super Bowl coverage for the network. However, not only did he not have any involvement, it was later announced that he wouldn’t be available during the 2023 season either as he’s keen on taking a year off.
Recent insight from Andrew Marchand of the New York Post during his podcast alongside John Ourand suggests Brady’s transition to a broadcasting career is not a foregone conclusion.
Marchand cited people who are close to the seven-time Super Bowl champion and of the notion that he might decide not to work for FOX after all as he might not be all that thrilled about the constant travel required for calling games on television.
NFL Quarterbacks News
Get all of the latest info, photos, and social media news surrounding NFL Quarterbacks.
“It was at 51 percent that he’s going to do it to 49 that he’s not going to do it with the reasoning it’s so much money he’ll try it for a year,” Marchand remarked. “However, I’ve talked to a couple people recently close to Brady and I kind of feel like I’m going 49 percent chance he does it, 51 percent chance he doesn’t.
“He doesn’t want to travel that much — obviously he’s going to go private. I think Brady’s a guy who if he’s in, he’s all-in so he’s not going to be showing up day of games like Joe Buck and Troy Aikman do sometimes, he’s going to be there early if he’s going to do it. So it’s going to be a four-day event, again, cry me a river for that type of money for five and a half months.”
It would be quite a shame if the most lucrative broadcasting deal did not materialize. The aforementioned sum amounts to more than Brady made over the course of his entire playing career so we’re pretty sure he’d have a hard time giving it up.
But crazier things have happened; plus you just never know with Tom.WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.