Manchester City star Kyle Walker thought he was having himself a good time when he elected to have a sex party with two sex workers, but in doing so, he broke UK government’s rules on social distancing amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The England defender has since apologized, but the damage was done and now he is facing disciplinary action from Manchester City.
A report in the Sun said Walker and a friend paid for Louise McNamara and a 24-year-old Brazilian woman to visit his home last week.
It was reported the escorts left on Wednesday, the same day the City and England right-back used social media to urge the public to follow government guidelines on social distancing and protect the NHS by staying indoors.
“Louise, who is studying criminology at Manchester Metropolitan University, said: “I work with an agency in Manchester. I got a message from my boss saying a high-profile client was looking for somebody classy.
“I got a cab from Manchester to the address and a driver picked me up outside and took me to the gates of his apartment.
“Then his friend came out and met me.
“There was another girl in the car too.”
Walker tried to keep his identity secret but after the girls went for a cigarette on the balcony, the other told Louise “Kai” was a “soccer player”.
Louise said: “I didn’t know who he was at the time.
“But I took a few photos of him.”
“I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week which have resulted in a story today (Sunday) about my private life in a tabloid newspaper,” Walker’s statement read.
“I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model. As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down.
“There are heroes out there making a vital difference to society at the moment, and I have been keen to help support and highlight their amazing sacrifices and life-saving work over the past week.
“My actions in this matter are in direct contrast to what I should have been doing regarding the lockdown. And I want to re-iterate the message: Stay home, stay safe.”
A club statement read: “Manchester City FC are aware of a story in a tabloid newspaper regarding the private life of Kyle Walker in relation to a breach of the UK lockdown and social distancing rules.
“Footballers are global role models, and our staff and players have been working to support the incredible efforts of the NHS and other key workers in fighting the effects of the Covid-19 coronavirus, in any way we can. Kyle’s actions in this matter have directly contravened these efforts.
“We are disappointed to hear the allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apology, and will be conducting an internal disciplinary procedure in the coming days.”
WANT MORE FROM TOTALPROSPORTS? FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS.